- Family members and caregivers can know from a mobile terminal and PC, the exact location of the person wearing the Nock Senior bracelet.
- The location system is very accurate, especially outdoors.
- The call between the family member's terminal and Neki's watch works in hands-free mode with a good speaker.
- Typical locations can be detailed for the location system to automatically identify.
- The possibility of configuring personalized alarms or notices for each user of the bracelet.
- You have the option of sending text messages to the bracelet, to reassure or warn the person wearing it.
- It is an everyday and discreet device, for people of Gender Violence there is also a lot of potential, due to the normalization of such a simple device.
- Currently the device is designed so that end users cannot turn it off, it is proposed that this option be customizable depending on the person who uses it.
- In relation to the web, it could be interesting that the history of the positions where the bracelet is located could be shown according to a time interval and also in a textual format as well as on a map.
- Regarding the configuration of the alarm notifications, they could be customized to be a reminder for other things, such as taking medication, for example.
- Both for the mobile and web application, the possibility of being able to configure aspects of the Web could be incorporated: font size or color of the Web background.
- As accessibility improvements: if the device were offered to other types of groups, for example for people with partial or null vision, it would have to offer other configuration possibilities: such as vibration, auditory notifications about the processes, or compatibility with their own devices mobile phones or assistive products. In the case of deaf people, the same limitation is identified, a feedback of the actions that are given in the terminal would be optimal, for example through the clock screen, so that the user is informed at all times.
Design and manufacturing:
Image of watch with charger
The Nock device comes in a package together with the charger, a short configuration manual and a product catalog from the manufacturer Neki.
The device is quite robust, a good perception of its manufacture is perceived from it. The buttons on its sides, as well as the accesses for the SIM card and the charger, are of considerable size. The device is sold with the SIM card, in the corresponding section of "Acquisition Forms" you can see the prices offered from Neki.
It is waterproof, complying with the IP57 certification. Its dimensions are 46 x 36 x 16 mm, 40 gr. The screen is 3cm, for the time, battery, etc. The information is legible and clear, the size of the text in the case of messages could be enlarged to take advantage of the screen.
In addition to the Nock Senior watch, there are other products from the manufacturer Neki, such as the pendant device and the GPS purse, which can be very interesting:
Other formats of Neki's GPS solution
The creator of the company, Rafael Ferrer, first developed a locator bracelet for children, thanks to the “Talents to startups” grant, and as of 2015, he launched the first version of the Nock Senior product.
Final user: The person to whom the solution is addressed are elderly, who may have memory losses or for health reasons have to be located. Due to the design of the solution, the protruding and smooth buttons make them easy to press and press.
The functionalities of the solution include the possibility of locate the person, know your heart rate, calls y know the time. The relationship with the device is positive, and it has met performance expectations during the 3-week testing process.
How does it work? Well, its handling is very simple, designed for the elderly or with Alzheimer's:
Button with a heart:
- A short press shows the list of contacts that the watch can call, previously registered on the Web. By pressing more shortly within this option, you can select the contacts to call.
- A long press takes a heart rate measurement
- Allows you to turn on the watch, but it cannot be turned off
- A long press on this option launches an SOS call to the list of contacts registered for this purpose.
- The call can be canceled in the event that there was an error with this same button.
Family member or caregiver: This profile will use the Nock mobile app and the web.
WEB: The web application is from where the most relevant aspects are configured, such as the contacts that can know the location of the bracelet, the safe areas, the frequency of location or the warnings. An example of a WEB screen:
Alerts configuration screen
The mobile application, available on iOS and Android, is specially oriented to monitor the location of the bracelet in real time, although from it there are some parameters that are configurable:
Nock mobile app
The Android application has more than 1000 downloads and the opinions in the Play Store and Apple Store of the people who have acquired it so far are very positive.
The Nock clock has worked correctly, as well as the applications of the relatives, on the web, tested in Google Chrome, Explorer and Firefox and on mobile, with Android. The mobile part can also be used on Tablet PC with a good screen fit and the web part on PC.
Consumption battery of the device, it is based on the use between 8 hours to 2/3 days.
In relation to the location GPS of the device, we will emphasize that outdoors the solution has a very optimal precision, and on switching on and off the location is fast and with a very low margin of error. Indoors, the location by the GPS system itself is less accurate. For indoor cases, the proposal is to make a mapping of the usual sites and save their reference so that the WIFI of the physical location can be identified. In the case that the location is WIFI / GSM, it is an indoor data, in the case of GPS it is the location of the exterior.
In relation to the data securityIn the management and use of the complete system, it is perceived that only the administrators who manage the person can access the tracking of the person. As an improvement aspect, the possibility of having two web access profiles is valued; one more focused on the profiles that manage the settings and adjustments of the person, and another that can only track the location of the watch.
The device is accessible to the focus of people to whom it is addressed. Proposing an operation based on two buttons and concise and simple information. It offers the possibility of launching emergency calls from the watch, by pressing one of the buttons. People with moderate handling difficulties could use the basic functionalities of the watch, but the part of accessing the contacts menu from the device would be very limited.
Regarding the Web part, the application is accessible with the main browsers. In order to extend the profiles of people who may be beneficiaries of Neki, it is recommended to review the accessibility of the Nock application with the main accessibility supports of mobile terminals such as VoiceOver or Tallkback.
However, we reaffirm that the solution, for the groups to which it is now addressed, works in an accessible way.